UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor ustaudinger
Visitor

Spartan 3AN and SystemC ? How?

Dear Community, 

I try to work with systemC and a small Spartan 3AN board. 

Is there a way to write my code in SystemC, to synthesize it for my Spartan 3AN and to upload it into the board? 

I know this sounds vague, but at the moment I don't know how to bridge the gap from SystemC into something synthesized. 

It's a huge gap. 

I have ISE and also Vivado installed, but for both I use the WebPack license. Vivado also doesn't seem to support my Spartan 3AN. 

Are there some tools available to work with my combination of tools? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Scholar austin
Scholar

Re: Spartan 3AN and SystemC ? How?

u,

What you are looking for is something that takes c as its input, and provides RTL (verilog, VHDL) as its output.

That is generically known as 'c to gates' and has been the holy grail for many years.

Xilinx supports HLS (High Level Synthesis) which is a c to gates flow for 7 series parts and latter (when they get here).

There is no support for any earlier parts.

HLS is specifically well-suited to dataflow applications.  We are working on it to get it to do a better job for control applications (where it is much tougher to convert the c code efficiently).

One applies HLS at the c function level, and creates a RTL module for that function.  Then one collects all the functions, and wraps them in a top level RTL design (verilog or VHDL).

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
0 Kudos