UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Using HLS generated Pcore in XPS, ¨¨ failed to generate IP ¨*.xco¨ error. ¨¨ -- Zedboard

Hi,

I was using Zedboard, new beginner, I follow the XILINX demo :xapp1170-zynq-hls. When I am generate a Pcore - about matrix 32*32 with a AXI stream interface - and add it as the User Pcore in XPS, then connect it to the other units in the Zedboard.

When I try to generate the netlist of this design, I encountered a problem which shows:

Failed to generate IP 'mmult_accel_core_ap_fadd_2_full_dsp.xco'!

And the PlanAhead shows:

generate_target: Failed to execute XPS script.

Is there anybody knows how to fix this?

the problem happens at P22.

And I totally followed the connecting bus interface and ports, and the difference is just instead of using the ZYNQ board, I use the Zedboard.

: (

Following the XILINX demo on Zedboard

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Using HLS generated Pcore in XPS, ¨¨ failed to generate IP ¨*.xco¨ error. ¨¨ -- Zedboard

In addition, when I generate this Pcore in HLS, it can generate the IP for the Core generator
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Using HLS generated Pcore in XPS, ¨¨ failed to generate IP ¨*.xco¨ error. ¨¨ -- Zedboard

the current version of this document is http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1170-zynq-hls.pdf
- Hervé

SIGNATURE:
* New Dedicated Vivado HLS forums* http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/High-Level-Synthesis-HLS/bd-p/hls
* Readme/Guidance* http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

* Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
* Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Thank you for your answer, and yeah, it is the same problem. And I found that it is caused by the different board I am using.

It is like I use the command line ¨Vivado_hls -f script.tcl¨ to generate the Zynq-7000 Soc Accerlerator for the Matrix multiplication.

And then I use PlanAhead to add this pcore in to generate the Netlist, when I choose the ZC702 (Which is also the default setting board in the demo), I don´ t have problem.

But when I choose Zedboard, the error came out as:

Elaborating instances ...
IPNAME:mmult_accel_core_top INSTANCE:mmult_accel_core_top_0 -
C:\XILINX\14.4\ISE_DS\PlanAhead\examples\matrix_mult_crazy\project_1\project_1.s
rcs\sources_1\edk\module_crazy\module_crazy.mhs line 129 - elaborating IP
Generating IP(mmult_accel_core_ap_fadd_2_full_dsp.xco) ...
Failed to generate IP 'mmult_accel_core_ap_fadd_2_full_dsp.xco'!
ERROR:EDK - mmult_accel_core_top_0 (mmult_accel_core_top) -
ERROR:EDK:440 - platgen failed with errors!
Done!

But I have checked the Xilinx chip were the same in these two board, so Why will I have problem using a pcore that only include information of this chip?

Thank you!

0 Kudos

Looks like you have created a new topic for your issue. If any of the answers above has helped you, kindly close this post by accepting it as a solution.
Regards,
Debraj
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos