UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

Vivado HLS 2018.3 release notes?

The following document has practically no information on Vivado HLS 2018.3 changes:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_3/ug973-vivado-release-notes-install-license.pdf

Is there a different document about Vivado HLS 2018.3 changes?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Scholar xilinxacct
Scholar

Re: Vivado HLS 2018.3 release notes?

@ifutritski

That is the right document.... Take a look in the "what's new" and the "IP" sections.

e.g. Release Notes 2018.3 What’s New Vivado® 2018.3 introduces new production device support. Vivado 2018.3 also has additional ease of use improvements to ensure you can increase your overall efficiency and get your products to market faster. The following devices and features are also updated in this release ....

Hope that helps

Please mark as solution accepted. Kudos also welcomed. :-)

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

I do not see anything about HLS changes in this doc.

Can a Xilinx employee comment?

0 Kudos
Scholar xilinxacct
Scholar

@ifutritski

I didn't look at all the notes... but I do see this in relation to HLS in the IP section...

All HLS Video Processing cores are now license free and come installed with
Vivado (VPSS, Video Mixer, Video TPG, Frame Buffer WR/RD, Gamma LUT,
Demosaic, VTC).

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Too bad....read it.

This:

All HLS Video Processing cores are now license free and come installed with
Vivado (VPSS, Video Mixer, Video TPG, Frame Buffer WR/RD, Gamma LUT,
Demosaic, VTC).

has nothing to do with Vivado HLS 2018.3 changes!

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@ifutritski,

The answer graciously provided by @xilinxacct is absolutely correct. That is the correct document for Vivado HLS release notes, and those HLS Video Processing cores are now license free, specifically as of Vivado HLS 2018.3.

Another good place to look for changes to Vivado HLS is in the Revision History of UG902. Some of those are clerical changes to the document, and others reflect enhancements to the tool.

I will add, changes to Vivado HLS might also appear in the SDAccel Development Environment Release Notes, UG1238. A notable change for 2018.3 is the "SDAccel bottom up flow".

Nicholas Moellers

Xilinx Worldwide Technical Support