UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

WARNING: [XFORM 203-105] Cannot partition array ... unsupported array access (reinterpret, etc.).

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Participant
Accepted Solution

WARNING: [XFORM 203-105] Cannot partition array ... unsupported array access (reinterpret, etc.).

Hello,

I have some arrays and I use pointers to implement an image window which slides from the top of the image to the bottom.

During synthesis vivado hls reports that it cannot partition my arrays because I access them through pointers.

This is my code:

data_t image_line_buf0[WIxCHI_MAX];
#pragma HLS ARRAY_PARTITION variable=image_line_buf0 cyclic factor=16 dim=1
data_t *image_line_buf_point

(....)

image_line_buf_point[0] = image_line_buf0;

I'm thinking of trying the hls memory window buffer to see if I can avoid this situation.

But, in any case I would like my code to be independent of hls constructs.

Please be kind and provide to me your knowledge.

Thanks for your time,

cheers,

Panos

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee

Re: WARNING: [XFORM 203-105] Cannot partition array ... unsupported array access (reinterpret, etc.).

Is it ok to not use pointer? I suspect that it's related to your access pattern with the memory, but not the pointer.

Please post more code if the issue still exists.

Regards,
brucey
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

All Replies
Participant

Re: WARNING: [XFORM 203-105] Cannot partition array ... unsupported array access (reinterpret, etc.).

a correction to my code (is there an edit post button ???):

data_t image_line_buf0[WIxCHI_MAX];
#pragma HLS ARRAY_PARTITION variable=image_line_buf0 cyclic factor=16 dim=1
data_t *image_line_buf_point[K_MAX];

(....)

image_line_buf_point[0] = image_line_buf0;

Cheers,

Panos

Xilinx Employee

Is it ok to not use pointer? I suspect that it's related to your access pattern with the memory, but not the pointer.

Please post more code if the issue still exists.

Regards,
brucey
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
Participant

Hello brucey,

thank you for your answer.

Eventually, I avoided pointers and used another method for accessing the data of my arrays.

As a lesson, I learned that HLS prefers access through other ways than using pointers.

Regards,

Panos