UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer h4cks4w
Observer

Where is Vivado HLS?

Jump to solution

I'm hoping this is something really dumb on my part, but I cannot find the Vivado HLS executable after I install Vivado System Edition on a Linux machine.  Previously, I've installed a separate package for HLS, but now the Xilinx website leads me to believe that HLS is packaged with the Design Suite:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/download/index.html/content/xilinx/en/downloadNav/vivado-design-tools.html

I downloaded  Vivado Full Installer for Linux (No SDK), untarred it and ran xsetup.  Then I selected Vivado System Edition which seemed to indicate it had HLS (plus it was the largest install).  However, after I install I get this:

[2013.3]$ ls
bin   examples     layouts  settings32.csh  settings64.sh  vivado.jou
data  fileset.txt  lib      settings32.sh   strategies     vivado.log
doc   ids_lite     scripts  settings64.csh  tps            vivado_pid6999.png
[2013.3]$ find . | grep -i hls
[2013.3]$ 

Which is to say, I cannot find anything that mentions HLS in its name in the install directory.  UG902 says the executable should be vivado_hls, which is what I have from the old HLS-only installation.  Furthermore, there does not seem to be an HLS-only package on the download page any more.

Has anyone installed 2013.3 on a Linux machine?  Do you know how to start HLS?  What am I missing here?

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Where is Vivado HLS?

Jump to solution

The Vivado HLS installation directory is in parallel with Vivado. If you go up two levels from 2013.3 direcotry, you will see Vivado_HLS directory next to Vivado.

@h4cks4w wrote:

I'm hoping this is something really dumb on my part, but I cannot find the Vivado HLS executable after I install Vivado System Edition on a Linux machine.  Previously, I've installed a separate package for HLS, but now the Xilinx website leads me to believe that HLS is packaged with the Design Suite:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/download/index.html/content/xilinx/en/downloadNav/vivado-design-tools.html

I downloaded  Vivado Full Installer for Linux (No SDK), untarred it and ran xsetup.  Then I selected Vivado System Edition which seemed to indicate it had HLS (plus it was the largest install).  However, after I install I get this:

[2013.3]$ ls
[2013.3]$ 

Which is to say, I cannot find anything that mentions HLS in its name in the install directory.  UG902 says the executable should be vivado_hls, which is what I have from the old HLS-only installation.  Furthermore, there does not seem to be an HLS-only package on the download page any more.

Has anyone installed 2013.3 on a Linux machine?  Do you know how to start HLS?  What am I missing here?

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,
Jim
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

The Vivado HLS installation directory is in parallel with Vivado. If you go up two levels from 2013.3 direcotry, you will see Vivado_HLS directory next to Vivado.

@h4cks4w wrote:

[2013.3]$ ls
[2013.3]$ 

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,
Jim
Highlighted
Observer h4cks4w
Observer

Jump to solution

Wow, I see what happened here.  When asked for an installation directory, I gave the xsetup the path /local/tools/xilinx/Vivado/2013.3.  In my excitment about the new version of the tools, I did not look at what xsetup was doing.  Apparently it parses the path, because after I selected the above path the dialog box reads /local/tools/xilinx and the installation targets are /local/tools/xilinxVivado/2013.3 and /local/tools/xilinx/Vivado_HLS/2013.3.  I was only searching in /local/tools/xilinxVivado/2013.3 because that was the only path I gave the GUI.

I accept that this is the solution, but I do not accept the solution.

xsetup GUI, you and I are not friends.

0 Kudos