UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

ap_memory address when export to ip-catalog or edk

Hi

I have function with array argument. array size is 400. when I synthezise the report says the address is 9 bit. But when I export to ip-catalog or edk the address width shows 32 bit. Could you explain why?

Jothi

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: ap_memory address when export to ip-catalog or edk

Hi

In general AXI address width is 32 please check if you have any AXI interface directives  to that addres

Regards,

Vanitha.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Hi
I do not gave any axi directive on this variable. Even I have checked with the example array_Ram. Still it gives 32 bit adders even the address is other number
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

What is your addr data_type, can you show your code here ?

Regards,

Vanitha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Address data is not assigned by me. When you assign a directive ap_memory, depends on the array size, the address width is decided.

Jothi
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

As synthesis shows 9 bit and only exporting makes difference I guess some interface directives were being added else it could be a tool issue.

Can you upload yoour test project for investigation ?

Regards,

Vanitha.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Hi

You could check the array_ram from the example design
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

I am using vivado 2013.3
0 Kudos

Can see that but that's only external (32-bit) and on the top level wrapper of the generated IP to be added as the .bd in Vivado IPI. Internally its connected only to the 9 bits of ADDR respectively for the 3 ap_memory interfaces and rest of the bits are unused.
Regards,
Debraj
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

The packaged IP has 32-bit address bus. The actual memory depth is controlled by the MEM_SIZE (in bytes) property on the IP, which will be propagated to the BRAM connected to it in IPI.

Cheers,
Jim
0 Kudos