UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor anbaz
Visitor

exporting a Vivado HLS design to ISE

Jump to solution

I'm using Vivado HLx 2018.2. I know it does n't support earlier 6 series devices.

My question is regarding use of Vivado HLS Software (2018.2) :

I had seen users target Spartan6 series devices etc with ealier versions of Vivado HLS but I could not find any support for targeting these devices with current version tool.

I want to export a Vivado HLS design to a Spartan6 device for use with ISE 14.7.

I have a valid VIVADO_HLS (and HLS) license but could n't find any options to export the design to ISE or target a Spartan6 device.

Also, the Pcore export option does not show in the export panel.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Re: exporting a Vivado HLS design to ISE

Jump to solution

As far as I can tell, you can use HLS 2015.4 (and only 2015.4) to produce code for the ISE-specific devices.

2015.3 and earlier required a special license; HLS wasn't supported on the WebPack license, and the ISE devices needed an additional license.

Everything from 2016.1 onwards dropped support for the ISE-specific devices.

In between you have 2015.4 - the first version to be included on the free WebPack license, and the last version to support ISE-specific devices.

5 Replies
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

Jump to solution

can you export a RTL design ?

0 Kudos
Visitor anbaz
Visitor

Jump to solution

I could only export RTL as IP into Vivado from Vivado HLS.

None into ISE or target any Spartan6 device from Vivado HLS.

0 Kudos
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Jump to solution

As far as I can tell, you can use HLS 2015.4 (and only 2015.4) to produce code for the ISE-specific devices.

2015.3 and earlier required a special license; HLS wasn't supported on the WebPack license, and the ISE devices needed an additional license.

Everything from 2016.1 onwards dropped support for the ISE-specific devices.

In between you have 2015.4 - the first version to be included on the free WebPack license, and the last version to support ISE-specific devices.

Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

That's correct, with a valid Vivado license, Vivado HLS 2015.4 allows you to target ISE devices.

Visitor anbaz
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thanks all for pointing to the correct version which supports these devices..

0 Kudos