UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor andreadicola
Visitor

AD-FMCOMMS4-EBZ with Xilinx Artix-7 FPGA AC701 Evaluation Kit

Jump to solution

Good morning,

I have just received an AD-FMCOMMS4-EBZ FMC Module and I am trying to use the HDL Reference Designs provided by Analog (Reference link: wiki.analog.com/.../reference_hdl) in order to use it with the Xilinx AC701 board.

I am using Vivado 2018.1 and I the hdl-2017_r1 archive (because newer does not support anymore the AC701 board).

When I launch the make inside the projects/FMCOMMS2/ac701 folder, the process give an Error 139 which consists in an "Abnormal Program Termination (11)" in the log file of the axi_ad9361.

I have also tried to launch the single tcl scripts to build the libraries but after some seconds Vivado exits for a crash.

Have you got some suggestions about why Vivado crashes?

Thank you in advance for cooperation.

Best Regards,

Andrea

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: AD-FMCOMMS4-EBZ with Xilinx Artix-7 FPGA AC701 Evaluation Kit

Jump to solution

First check the log files the Analog make generates. They are generated inside dir where you start make.

My guess is that tool version is problem here. Analog is checking which version of Xilinx tools you are running.

This check is done in IP cores script and in projects scripts. For the branch you use it is required Vivado 2016.4. This is one possible reason for failure.

You can also try to open Vivado project ac701.xpr and see if you get more error info from there. Vivado log file is also there to read.

My guess is that IP cores upgrade (to 2018.1 versions) has failed.

One workaround to get to Vivado 2018.1 is that you first compile project with Vivado 2016.4 and then open ac701.xpr with Vivado 2018.1 and do the required IP upgrades (if possible).

Obvious fix is to use Vivado 2016.4 as required by project.

5 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

First check the log files the Analog make generates. They are generated inside dir where you start make.

My guess is that tool version is problem here. Analog is checking which version of Xilinx tools you are running.

This check is done in IP cores script and in projects scripts. For the branch you use it is required Vivado 2016.4. This is one possible reason for failure.

You can also try to open Vivado project ac701.xpr and see if you get more error info from there. Vivado log file is also there to read.

My guess is that IP cores upgrade (to 2018.1 versions) has failed.

One workaround to get to Vivado 2018.1 is that you first compile project with Vivado 2016.4 and then open ac701.xpr with Vivado 2018.1 and do the required IP upgrades (if possible).

Obvious fix is to use Vivado 2016.4 as required by project.

Visitor andreadicola
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thank you so much for the answer.

I will try with Vivado 2016.4 and then I will inform you about results.

0 Kudos
Visitor andreadicola
Visitor

Jump to solution

With Vivado 2016.4 the compilation runs well.

Then I had a problem with the Tri Mode Ethernet MAC during implementation phase.

I have generated an evaluation license for the core and the implementation finished with success.

Now when I generate the bitstream I have an error:

ERROR: [Common 17-69] Command failed: This design contains one or more cells for which bitstream generation is not permitted:

i_system_wrapper/....   ..... (tri_mode_ethernet_mac_v9_0_6)

Is this error related to the type of license?

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Check the Vivado build runme.log file. The reason of bitstream failure might be better described there.

Questions about licenses are best answered by Xilinx support.

0 Kudos
Visitor andreadicola
Visitor

Jump to solution

OK. Thank you very much for your help!

Best Regards,

Andrea

0 Kudos