Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

BITSTREAM.CONFIG.SPI_BUSWIDTH is not available

Hello, 

we try to set the property BITSTREAM.CONFIG.SPI_BUSWIDTH for a Zynq xc7z020clg484-1 design with Vivado 2013.4. But this property is not accepted in the xdc file. This is the resulting message after the implementation:

•  [Netlist 29-69] Cannot set property 'BITSTREAM.CONFIG.SPI_BUSWIDTH', because the property does not exist for objects of type 'design'. Resolution: Modify .xdc or RTL to not set this property or move it to a cell that can accept this property  

The property (an a lot of others) does also not appear in the Properties window (Netlist window -> "Add Properties").

Also it can not be set in the TCL console with "set_property BITSTREAM.CONFIG.SPI_BUSWIDTH 4 [current_design]".

How can we make this property available?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

do you have an open implemented design? Here is what I get during a hardware debug session:

set_property BITSTREAM.CONFIG.SPI_BUSWIDTH 4 [current_design]
get_property BITSTREAM.CONFIG.SPI_BUSWIDTH [current_design]
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes, I have done the implementation and opened the design. This is the TCL console output when I enter "set_property BITSTREAM.CONFIG.SPI_BUSWIDTH 4 [current_design]":

set_property BITSTREAM.CONFIG.SPI_BUSWIDTH 4 [current_design]
ERROR: [Netlist 29-69] Cannot set property 'BITSTREAM.CONFIG.SPI_BUSWIDTH', because the property does not exist for objects of type 'design'.

Resolution: Modify .xdc or RTL to not set this property or move it to a cell that can accept this property

The following BITSTREAM properties can be set (as I mentioned before there are a lot of missing):

Unbenannt.PNG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

These properties for SPI are not applicable for the Zynq devices. They are applicable for 7 series only.

The list you see is filtered based on the appropriate settings for the device you have selected.

Thanks

Duth