cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

BITSTREAM properties in script .. when/where to set?

Jump to solution

I have a design in project mode, where I'm using tcl scripts to get a repeatable build.  Scripts are derived from write_project_tcl.

Ideally I'd like to end up like the result of write_project_tcl (everything loaded but synthesis not yet run), but with all of the appropriate properties set.  I'm trying to figure out where these should go:

set_property BITSTREAM.CONFIG.CONFIGFALLBACK ENABLE [current_design]
  set_property BITSTREAM.CONFIG.REVISIONSELECT_TRISTATE ENABLE [current_design]
  set_property BITSTREAM.CONFIG.TIMER_CFG 0x10000000 [current_design]

Obviously current_design only works if I have impl_1 opened.  Which requires synthesis and implementation having run.  In the GUI, if I set those properties via the bitstream settings page it marks the design as "unsaved".  When I save it, it writes the three lines to my target constraints file.  Which puts me in a loop since that target constraint file is also where my chipscope probes are defined, so changing it marks everything out of data again ...

Is there somewhere to hang those properties prior to synthesis or implementation running?  Or, if they need to be in a constraint file, how to I get the constraint file to apply after routing but before bitstream generation?  Or do those properties inherently need to be set before layout?

Thanks,

ken

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Replying to the crickets, for the benefit of anyone turning this up in a search ...

Setting the properties in the GUI invokes command lines with [get_designs impl_1], which modifies the database and needs it saved.  Saving updates the constraint files but replaces it with [current_design] as I posted above.  If those lines are in a constraint file from the outset all is hunky-dory.

What threw me was copying the lines from the tcl console window into the script, or into a constraint file without realizing [get_designs] got converted to [current_design], and not realizing tcl commands in a constraint file is very different from tcl commands in a script file.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Replying to the crickets, for the benefit of anyone turning this up in a search ...

Setting the properties in the GUI invokes command lines with [get_designs impl_1], which modifies the database and needs it saved.  Saving updates the constraint files but replaces it with [current_design] as I posted above.  If those lines are in a constraint file from the outset all is hunky-dory.

What threw me was copying the lines from the tcl console window into the script, or into a constraint file without realizing [get_designs] got converted to [current_design], and not realizing tcl commands in a constraint file is very different from tcl commands in a script file.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos