cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Bitgen tcl.post script stops LTX auto-generation

I want to use a bitgen tcl.post hook script to automatically export the IPI block design to a TCL file. Unfortunately whenever I add the hook script, the LTX file is no longer automatically generated during implementation.

The LTX file stops getting auto-generated when I add the following line to the hook script:

open_project $impl_dir/../../VivadoProject.xpr

This line is important in the hook script since the Vivado project and the block design must both be opened before the block design can be exported.

Is there any better way to export the IPI block design in the hook script that would avoid blocking the LTX file from getting auto-generated during implementation?

Thanks in advance for your support!
John

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

You can try to export the ltx file with the below command:

write_debug_probes ../designProbes.ltx

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I tried adding the write_debug_probes command to the TCL hook script, but the same thing happens as the automatic LTX file generation. During write_bitstream, the LTX file gets generated but after the end of the write_bitstream, the LTX file no longer exists. It is as if the LTX file is getting deleted near the end.

This only happens when the open_project is in the hook TCL script, otherwise the LTX file remains intact after write_bitstream is finished.

0 Kudos