cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
felixw88
Visitor
Visitor
704 Views
Registered: ‎05-16-2018

Bug find_bd_objs 2018.2

Hi,

Zynq7000 Blockdesign, Vivado 2018.2, find_bd_objs does not work in mulitline code or scripts (propagate)

Copy following code to TCL console in open block design

proc find_working {path} { find_bd_objs –relation connected_to [get_bd_intf_pins $path]; }
find_working processing_system7_0/M_AXI_GP0

ERROR: [Common 17-163] Missing value for option 'relation', please type 'find_bd_objs -help' for usage info.

Copy these lines seperately the code does work:

/ps7_0_axi_periph/S00_AXI

 

This code does never work (added newline in proc function)

proc find_broken {path} { find_bd_objs –relation connected_to [get_bd_intf_pins $path]; 
}
find_broken processing_system7_0/M_AXI_GP0

Is there a workaround? Does it work in current version?

 

Thanks,

Felix

Tags (2)
3 Replies
Reto
Observer
Observer
227 Views
Registered: ‎07-29-2020

Hi @felixw88 

I have the same issue. (Vivado 2020.2)
Have you found a solution?

Thank you

Kind regards
Reto Meier

0 Kudos
amaccre
Moderator
Moderator
207 Views
Registered: ‎04-24-2013

Hi @felixw88 , @Reto ,

 

I have tried this in 2020.1 and 2020.2 and it worked in both cases without error.

Here is the text that I copied in for both versions:

proc find_working {path} { find_bd_objs -relation connected_to [get_bd_intf_pins $path]; }
find_working /v_proc_ss_0/m_axis

proc find_working_1 {path} {
find_bd_objs -relation connected_to [get_bd_intf_pins $path];
}
find_working_1 /v_proc_ss_0/m_axis

You can see the steps in the tcl console of the screenshot

 

amaccre_0-1618917914617.png

Best Regards
Aidan

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if this answered your question
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and may help other users
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reto
Observer
Observer
196 Views
Registered: ‎07-29-2020

Hi @amaccre


Thank you for your answer.
I found the problem: There was a illegal character in the code.
This character was detected early in the process, but Vivado never updated the code. Whatever change I made, did not influence the behavior.

Not sure exactly when the bd/bd.tcl is read and updated. Updating the IP-Repo and upgrade the IP does not help. After a restart of Vivado the changed script seams to be loaded.

Kind regards
Reto Meier

0 Kudos