Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peppermill
Visitor
Visitor

Change Window Behavior "Don't show this dialog again" Through TCL console

Hi all,

I couldn't find any reference to see if this was even possible through the TCL console. Right now I am working on an automation script to build a bunch of firmware. The automation software needs to use the GUI to build the firmware to meet the specifications of the project. But, I've run into issues being caused by the dialog boxes for warnings, confirmations, notifications and alerts popping up.

I know that you can turn these off through the Tools->Settings->Window Behavior->... drop down. However this can cause complications with the automation software I am using.

Basically I'm trying to see if there is a way to control the gui/window settings specificly for the window behaviors through the TCL console.

Thanks, Peppermill

0 Kudos
2 Replies
avrumw
Expert
Expert

First, are you talking about Vitis or Vivado?

If you are talking about Vivado (and I suspect the same is true of Vitis), then why are you trying to do "automation through the GUI". The GUI in Vivado is merely a mechanism for generating Tcl commands (at least for anything except a couple of visualization tasks). In other words, everything that can be done through the GUI can be done directly from a Tcl script (without the GUI). This is fully supported and results in a completely repeatable and scripted build process.

Is there a reason you can't do your automation this way?

Avrum

0 Kudos
Peppermill
Visitor
Visitor

This project is using Vivado not Vitis. 

I can't really stray too far from the GUI because the automated process I am writing is meant to emulate the way in which our customers will be using the software(this is a QA project).

Yes I know that using the TCL console to build the firmwares would be a much better approach, but this was the way I was instructed to go about automating the process.

0 Kudos