Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Custom Interface Define Master/Slave and connect them

Hi there,

I would like to clean up my board design therefore I've defined a custom Interface (see attached image for definiton). This is in my repo path. The board design recognizes the interface and shows it correctly. Somehow I cant change the Master/Slave direction of each entity and it will be always set as a master interface. Vivado stops me from connecting two master interfaces directly (which makes absolutely sense). Within my interface definition the following

<spirit:directConnection>true</spirit:directConnection>
  <spirit:isAddressable>false</spirit:isAddressable>
  <spirit:maxMasters>1</spirit:maxMasters>
  <spirit:maxSlaves>10</spirit:maxSlaves>

Interface DefinitionInterface Definition

The Interface itself is a one way interface of a stream of data from the master to the slaves. Returning signals (at the moment) will be connected individually.

This is what I get if I try to connect the two Entities:

NoConnection.jpg

I can not change the MODE Value of the property (in this case RoutingAccumulation_0). When I try to change something Vivado answers with

ERROR: [Common 17-107] Cannot change read-only property 'MODE'.
Resolution: Please refer to Vivado Properties Reference Guide (UG912) for more information on setting properties.

If I connect all signals individually it's all fine. But that would be lot of work in the future for me.

Long story short: How can I connect a single custom master interface to multiple slaves.

Greetings,
Thomas

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Okay, somehow its working for me. Here's what I did:

1. Close Vivado

2. Run the TCL script from the beginning and import the RTL Code into the board design

Done.

Seems like there are temporary files somewhere keeping Vivado in the old state. If you recreate your project the Interface is there.

0 Kudos