UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor anderslange
Visitor

How to: associate a single clock input with two individual stream interfaces in the Vivado Package IP flow

Hi

I'm trying to package an IP with the Vivado Package IP flow/tool.

I have made a component which has a AXI4-Lite configuration interface, and a AXI-Stream Video input (slave) and output (master) interface.

The Package IP tool automatically recognized all my bus interfaces, except for the AXI-Stream clock, reset and clock_enable (axis_aclk, axis_aresetn, axis_aclken).

My IP uses the same clock for both the slave and master axi-stream interface, so there is only this one single signal.

My problem is that I can't seem to figure out how to associate the axis_clk interface with both the slave (s_axis_video0) and master (m_axis_video0) stream interfaces. I've tried vaious combinations/sequences of writing 's_axis_video0' and 'm_axis_video0' in the same parameter but that dosn't seem to work. And the tool won't allow me to add multiple ASSOCIATED_BUSIF parameters.

I have included a screenshot of the Vivavo Package IP tool, showing my interface list, with the axis_clk interface selected displaying the parameters. As can be seen I already have an ASSOCIATED_BUSIF parameter for the s_axis_video0 interface, which I would also like for the m_axis_video0 in order to be able to get rid the warning:

[IP_Flow 19-3158] Bus Interface 'm_axis_video0': FREQ_HZ bus parameter missing from AXI interface when interface is not associated to a clock.

Best regards, and thanks in advance

Anders Lange
PhD Student, The Maersk Mc-Kinney Moller Instute
University of Southern Denmark, Faculty og Engineering
vivado busif.jpg
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to: associate a single clock input with two individual stream interfaces in the Vivado Package IP flow

Moving to Vivado TCL community

0 Kudos
Newbie ma.ru

Re: How to: associate a single clock input with two individual stream interfaces in the Vivado Package IP flow

For anyone looking for the answer to this question, it's on page 50 of the document below.  In short, the list should be colon separated, i.e. "s_axis_video0:m_axis_video0" in the example above.

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2013_3/ug994-vivado-ip-subsystems.pdf

0 Kudos