Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor
Advisor

How to obtain synthesis options from a post-route DCP file

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'm trying to extract synthesis options used for a build from a given post-route DCP file. There are no project or log files available.

I know how to extract implementation options by running the following TCL command:

% report_property [current_run]

However, post-route DCP doesn't seem to contain any information about parent synthesis run.

Running the following command returns an error:

% current_run -synthesis

I'd appreciate any constructive ideas what else to try, or an expert opinion why it cannot be done.

Thanks,

Evgeni

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Guide
Guide

I highly suspect that it is not possible to do what you are asking.

The synthesis properties affect the synthesis run. Once the run is complete, the result is a .dcp file, which is mostly the edif netlist and some constraints. Any properties associated with the synthesis run are now irrelevant - there is no reason for them to be stored with the design. Furthermore, there is no "place" to store them - they are not part of the netlist or the constraints...

Avrum

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Guide
Guide

I highly suspect that it is not possible to do what you are asking.

The synthesis properties affect the synthesis run. Once the run is complete, the result is a .dcp file, which is mostly the edif netlist and some constraints. Any properties associated with the synthesis run are now irrelevant - there is no reason for them to be stored with the design. Furthermore, there is no "place" to store them - they are not part of the netlist or the constraints...

Avrum

View solution in original post