cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

How to preserver out-of-context in script generated by write_project_tcl? (2014.4)

Could not find any properties associate out of context in the script generated by write_project_tcl command.

As a result, every time a new project is created by calling the script, all IPs are as Global, and all *.xci files got changed.

How to script to keep out-of-context for IP?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @legendbb

The below command enables the OOC synthesis run for IP.

set_property generate_synth_checkpoint true [get_files <file_path>/ip_name.xci]

Do you have block design or IP's alone? Can you attach the script file generated?

Which version of Vivado are you using?

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

@legendbb Have you tried the switch -all_properties?

Can you try creating script using below command? the generated script should have all the properties

write_project_tcl -all_properties recreate.tcl

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

Thanks for reply,

@vemulad, I was referring Xilinx IPs (.xci), thanks for your command, I will insert them into my .tcl.

@pratham, I used write_project_tcl GUI with checkbox "write all properties". I guess it's equivalent to them command. Doesn't seem to write any OOC as property.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Is there any update on this? I think I have the same issue but with a block design in my case. 

Here is what I do:

- I write a bd.tcl using write_bd_tcl

- I write a project.tcl using write_project_tcl

- I change the project.tcl to call the bd.tcl inside it

After re-creating the project from the TCLs, the way the BD is generated ("Out of context" or "Global") is reset.

0 Kudos