UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor sebwerner
Visitor

ILA post synthesis flow

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to integrate the ILA 4.0 core into my design. I don't want to instantiate a module in my hdl code, i want to insert teh core in my nelist.

1.Before Synthesis i generate the core from the IP catalog

2. Then i synthesize the design

3. Then i customize the ILA core with the 'set up debug' option.

Everything is fine, but when i start the implementation is get the critical warning:

[Designutils 20-1281] Could not find module 'ila_0'. The XDC file project/project.srcs/sources_1/ip/ila_0/constraints/ila.xdc will not be read for this module.

Why is this warning coming?  And more importantly, will it have influences on my design later? How can i prevent that warning?

Best wishes

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: ILA post synthesis flow

Jump to solution

Hi,

I dont think there is a need here to generate the ILA core at first. As you are using netlist insertion method of inserting the cores in design, you can use "MARK_DEBUG" attribute in HDL to preserve the signals for debug and later perform "setup debug" on synthesized design. This automatically inserts debug cores in the design.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Seems like you are not doing anything incorrect, although for some reason the core is not being seen.

Is there anyways you can share the design?

Thanks

Duth

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

I dont think there is a need here to generate the ILA core at first. As you are using netlist insertion method of inserting the cores in design, you can use "MARK_DEBUG" attribute in HDL to preserve the signals for debug and later perform "setup debug" on synthesized design. This automatically inserts debug cores in the design.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor sebwerner
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thank you all a lot.

I think the issue here is that in case i generate the ILA IP before synthesis, the tool expects an instantiation of it in my design. As there is no module definition/or instantiation of the ILA core (because i use the post-synthesis flow), the module is not detected and thus the critical warning.

If i instantiate the module or don't generate the cores before synthesis, the warning doesn't occur.

Best wishes

0 Kudos