Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Invalid property name 'platform.board_id' in TCL VIVADO bd project setup

Jump to solution

Hello, experts. I am a newbie to this FPGA community so this might be a very basic question.

I am sourcing my colleague's TCL shell script to create a block-design.

The relevant part of the shell script is attached on this thread.

In the process of it, I get this error message that claims there is no property name for 'platform.board_id'. It's where it specifies the FPGA ID, and it seems ok to me, but it gives me this error message.

ERROR: [Common 17-142] Invalid property name 'platform.board_id'.  Please use the 'list_property' command to find properties supported by the target 'project' object.    while executing
"source scripts/cabletester.tcl"

After commenting out the line, the shell script obviously crachses with message that .bd file does not exist. Could someone explain and help me with the issue?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi @sk16t 

I am quite sure you are not using the same vivado version as your colleague. The platform.board_id parameter did not exist in some old versions of vivado. For sure it is in vivado 2020.1 but this is not in 2017.4 (I only tested with these 2 versions).

Make sure to use the same vivado version as your colleague else you might get other issues if the script is not compatible with multiple versions

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted

Hi @sk16t 

I am quite sure you are not using the same vivado version as your colleague. The platform.board_id parameter did not exist in some old versions of vivado. For sure it is in vivado 2020.1 but this is not in 2017.4 (I only tested with these 2 versions).

Make sure to use the same vivado version as your colleague else you might get other issues if the script is not compatible with multiple versions

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**

View solution in original post