UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Problem with using Timing Constraints

Highlighted

Problem with using Timing Constraints

Hi, everyone.

I have a problem with using timing constraints in Xilinx 2014.

qq.jpg

Above capture is my problem.

I made a '.xdc' file for control MAX clock frequency & set timing constraints to 600MHz.

(My program is so simple toy-example, so I think that of click frequency doesn't make problem )

Anyway, the result of Pulse Width is fine, but else part(Setup and Hold part) show 'NA'!

What is the meaning of 'NA'? and how can i fix that problem?

please, i hope someone help me..

Explorer

Re: Problem with using Timing Constraints

I think you should state which device are you using.

Avi Chami MSc
FPGA Site

[ Edited ]

@yss12114,

Check the following forum post:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Timing-Analysis/NA-in-timing-report-after-implementation/td-p/653040

Can you please share the vivado.log and also the XDC file?

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

제목 없음.jpg

↑Is above what you want?

In addition, I use Vivado 2014.4 tool..

Thanks for your help, but the solution you told me doesn,t work..

And,

I attach those project file(project_MMS_CNU), test bench file(TB), constraint file(TT).

Check these files, please!

Xilinx Employee

You don't have register-to-register timing paths so your create_clock constraint does not cover any timing paths.

Actually you only have PAD-to-register and register-to-PAD paths, which are covered by input delay and output delay constraints.

If you'd like to evaluate the max frequency, you need to add at least an extra level of registers in the design.

Thanks

Vivian