UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read block design

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm trying to create a script in Non-project mode to build my project. I'm working on vivado 2016.2.

I want to "read" my block design like read_vhdl to synthesis it.

Hereafter an extract of my script :
# Read Top FPGA file
read_vhdl -library work $top_sources_dir/top_zynq.vhd

# Read block design
generate_target all [get_files $lib_xilinx_dir/block_design/block_design.bd]
read_vhdl -library work $lib_xilinx_dir/block_design/hdl/block_design_wrapper.vhd

When I run it, it succeed to read the top_zynq.vhd but can't read the block_design.bd

The full script is in attachement

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Read block design

Jump to solution

Hi @cyril.francois,

I guess for reading one or more IPI design files read_bd can be used or scoping through write_bd_tcl can be used. UG835 (link) page. 1111 and 1742.

Thanks

Prathik

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and mark the appropriate post as 'accept as solution'.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Read block design

Jump to solution

Hi @cyril.francois,

I guess for reading one or more IPI design files read_bd can be used or scoping through write_bd_tcl can be used. UG835 (link) page. 1111 and 1742.

Thanks

Prathik

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and mark the appropriate post as 'accept as solution'.

0 Kudos