UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Redirect report_objects output to file

Accepted Solution Solved
Visitor
Accepted Solution

Redirect report_objects output to file

Hi, I'm trying to redirect the output of report_objects tcl command to a file, but it doesn't have the "-file" option.

How can I do it?

Thanks

Luca

Accepted Solutions

Re: Redirect report_objects output to file

Hi @luca.cremona

I understand that report_objects gives you all the information you are looking for but i don't think you can export its output to file. I tried it at my end.

Since you are only interested in the  'in' and 'out' signals, hence you can achieve this using below commands on the elaborated, synthesized or implemented design:

set fp [open <file_path>file.txt w]

set all_objects [ get_ports -filter {DIRECTION == in}]

set all_objects_1 [ get_ports -filter {DIRECTION == out}]

foreach object1 $all_objects {puts $fp $object1}
foreach object2 $all_objects_1 {puts $fp $object2}
close $fp

You can easily recognize this in the file as first input signals will be reported followed by output signals.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Rohit

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Hi @luca.cremona

Try this after opening the Vivado simulator :

set all_objects [get_objects]

foreach object $all_objects {puts $fp $object}

close $fp

I believe this will help you.

Regards

Rohit

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Visitor

Hi,

I need to know the type of each object, since I'd like to get only In and Out signal.

Report_objects has this kind of information and so I can filter out only those signals I'm interested in.

Any other suggestion?

Thanks

Luca

Hi @luca.cremona

I understand that report_objects gives you all the information you are looking for but i don't think you can export its output to file. I tried it at my end.

Since you are only interested in the  'in' and 'out' signals, hence you can achieve this using below commands on the elaborated, synthesized or implemented design:

set all_objects [ get_ports -filter {DIRECTION == in}]

set all_objects_1 [ get_ports -filter {DIRECTION == out}]

foreach object1 $all_objects {puts $fp $object1}
foreach object2 $all_objects_1 {puts $fp $object2}
close $fp

You can easily recognize this in the file as first input signals will be reported followed by output signals.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Rohit

Visitor

Thank you for the solution! This helps me a lot!

Luca