UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newbie ryanreed

Resources to connect to Vortex 7

Hi Everyone,

I am using an ADS7-V2EBZ board (link), It is based on the Virtex 7 FPGA. I am very new to Vivado and FPGA's in general, I was wondering if there was a tutorial I could follow to connect to my board and run a verilog program? Any help you could provided would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Resources to connect to Vortex 7

Hi @ryanreed,

You can start with Design Hubs (https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation-navigation/design-hubs.html). Design hubs is a collection some user guides and quick take videos to get a basic understanding of tool operation. You will also get information about programming and debugging there. Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Chinmay

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Resources to connect to Vortex 7

The board manufacter should provide you with source code and instructions on how to connect up the board.

But any of the xilinx boards will have a tutorial on the basics of how to connect the board up to a PC to program the board.

They will also have some simple examples. The most important part of any example is to make sure the IO's are correctly mapped for the pinout on your board. Those files should be provided by the board vendor as they will be different for each board.

0 Kudos