UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Simulation fails: ERROR: [VRFC 10-91] axi4stream_vip_pkg is not declared

Jump to solution

I have a TCL script based build environment, which assemble an *.xpr project from sources then starts simulation with launch_simulation. The simulation fails with the following messages in the xvlog.log file:

INFO: [VRFC 10-2263] Analyzing SystemVerilog file "<...>fpga_bb_000001_com.ip_user_files/bd/sim_subsys/ip/sim_subsys_axi4stream_vip_mst_0/sim/sim_subsys_axi4stream_vip_mst_0_pkg.sv" into library xil_defaultlib
ERROR: [VRFC 10-91] axi4stream_vip_pkg is not declared [<...>fpga_bb_000001_com.ip_user_files/bd/sim_subsys/ip/sim_subsys_axi4stream_vip_mst_0/sim/sim_subsys_axi4stream_vip_mst_0_pkg.sv:9]
ERROR: [VRFC 10-1040] module sim_subsys_axi4stream_vip_mst_0_pkg ignored due to previous errors [<...>fpga_bb_000001_com.ip_user_files/bd/sim_subsys/ip/sim_subsys_axi4stream_vip_mst_0/sim/sim_subsys_axi4stream_vip_mst_0_pkg.sv:8]

BUT

Then I open a Vivado TCL console and I open the project and start the build manually with the following commands:

open_project <my_generated_proj>.xpr
launch_simulation

(No other commands)

And everithing works as expected: The simulation starts and passes.

Which can be differs if I reopen the project?

------------------------------------------------------------    UPDATE   -----------------------------------------------------------

If I close and reopen the project in the script flow the error still occures. BUT if I exit the sript just before the simulation launch and I open the project manually (both using TCL shell both GUI) the simulation can run successfully.

It seems that using batch mode Vivado forgets to include <installpath>/2017.4/data/xilinx_vip/hdl/axi4stream_vip_pkg.sv file.

I use:

• Win 10
  • Vivado 2017.4
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Simulation fails: ERROR: [VRFC 10-91] axi4stream_vip_pkg is not declared

Jump to solution

Finally I can solve my issue:

Two things wass missing:

1. I started the Vivado with $TOOL_INSTALL_DIR/bin/vivado instead of $TOOL_INSTALL_DIR/bin/vivado.bat I dont know what extra task done by the BAT, but with calling the vivado natively, my simulation (with blockdesign and VIP) fails.
  2. One line was missing from my TCL scripts: generate_target Simulation [get_files sim_subsys.bd] This is needed also for me. (However, I still dont understand how can work without this calling from GUI)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Simulation fails: ERROR: [VRFC 10-91] axi4stream_vip_pkg is not declared

Jump to solution

Finally I can solve my issue:

Two things wass missing:

1. I started the Vivado with $TOOL_INSTALL_DIR/bin/vivado instead of $TOOL_INSTALL_DIR/bin/vivado.bat I dont know what extra task done by the BAT, but with calling the vivado natively, my simulation (with blockdesign and VIP) fails.
  2. One line was missing from my TCL scripts: generate_target Simulation [get_files sim_subsys.bd] This is needed also for me. (However, I still dont understand how can work without this calling from GUI)
0 Kudos