UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

TCL constraint scoping with IP packager

Jump to solution

If I package a TCL constraint file using IP packager will the constraints be scoped only to the IP in the same way that is done with XDC files? Looking at the properties of the generated IP I don't see SCOPE_TO_CELLS or SCOPE_TO_REFS set to anything which leads me to believe that constraints included in the IP TCL script will be applied to the whole design instead of just the IP.  Is this the case?  Is there a way to have TCL constraint files scoped to the IP.

I'm interested in doing this to allow for loops, etc in the constraint file for set_max_delay constraints.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: TCL constraint scoping with IP packager

Jump to solution

After some experimenting, I pretty much came to this conclusion too.  I was able to do what I needed by nesting XDC commands.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Jump to solution
Hi,

It's better if you use timing related constraints in XDC files.
Also Refer http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Vivado-TCL-Community/How-to-include-pre-post-TCL-scripts-to-custom-IP/m-p/649114#M3932

Thanks,
Yash
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

After some experimenting, I pretty much came to this conclusion too.  I was able to do what I needed by nesting XDC commands.

0 Kudos