UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer paul.mckechnie
Observer

Using vwait in TCL scripts within the Vivado 2016.4 lab tools

I've been experimenting with scripting the Vivado lab tools to perform some hardware testing. As part of this, I have been trying to get the TCL engine in the lab tools to operate as a UART. Getting the TCL engine to open the COM port is straightforward enough and I can register a handler for received data to display returned data within Vivado. However, I am trying to implement a command/response protocol over the UART so I would like to use the vwait TCL command. I.e. issue the command and wait for the repsonse. Unfortunately, I get odd behaviour when I call vwait. I find that the Vivado lab tools become unstable and occasionally unresponsive. I assume that vwait is being used by the TCL engine to support other parts of the Lab Tools.

I am writing a script in a similar style to that demonstrated on the TCL web site.

http://wiki.tcl.tk/447

Has anyone tried using the vwait command with the lab tools? Are there any obvious gotchas that I should look out for?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos