cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vio IP inputs to a text file

Jump to solution

Hi

I am a new bie to vivado and its automation. I am currently using vio IP in my design for introducing inputs and capturing the outputs as well. I am using  FIFO IP to display the output values into vio inputs and hence view the results in vio by connecting fifo read outs as vio input.I would like to get this vio inputs(connected from fifo reads) into a text file and hence view the results in the text file.

Is this possible? If so what are the commands to be used as I am trying to automate the entire vio operation(generating outputs in vio) and hence capturing the inputs of the vio(which are results from fifo ) to a text file.

Regards

Athi

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

You can use ILA instead of VIO to capture the output from the FIFO.

And export the FIFO output data waveform to a CSV file with write_hw_ila_data command.

Please refer to UG908 for details.

-vivian

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
如果提供的信息能解决您的问题,请标记为“接受为解决方案”。
如果您认为帖子有帮助,请点击“奖励”。谢谢!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

You can use ILA instead of VIO to capture the output from the FIFO.

And export the FIFO output data waveform to a CSV file with write_hw_ila_data command.

Please refer to UG908 for details.

-vivian

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
如果提供的信息能解决您的问题,请标记为“接受为解决方案”。
如果您认为帖子有帮助,请点击“奖励”。谢谢!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos