UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor jeremy.roy
Visitor

Vivado 2016.3 Block design with rtl module in non-project

Jump to solution

Hi there,

I am currently using Vivado 2016.2 in non-project mode.  Recently I tried to import a block-design containing an RTL module reference.  When I tried to import the block-design tcl into the non-project mode project, I got the following error:

set block_name foo
set block_cell_name foo
create_bd_cell -type module -reference $block_name $block_cell_name
CRITICAL WARNING: [filemgmt 56-176] Module references are not supported in manual compile order mode and will be ignored.
ERROR: [filemgmt 56-189] Failed to resolve reference. Nothing was found in the project to match the name 'foo'.
ERROR: [BD 41-1690] Unable to resolve module-source based on inputs: foo
ERROR: [BD 5-7] Error: running create_bd_cell  -type module -reference foo -name foo .
ERROR: [Common 17-39] 'create_bd_cell' failed due to earlier errors.

I was wondering why non-project mode doesn't support RTL modules (is there a good reason?), and if Vivado 2016.3 has support for RTL modules in non-project mode?

Thanks for the help!

-J

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Vivado 2016.3 Block design with rtl module in non-project

Jump to solution

Hi @jeremy.roy

Please add the following project property prior reading in the sources, then the module reference would be resolved and synthesis will run successfully:
set_property source_mgmt_mode All [current_project]

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
3 Replies
Visitor jeremy.roy
Visitor

Jump to solution

Newbie mistake: posted this to the wrong community.  Can a moderator move this to Vivado TCL Community?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @jeremy.roy

Please add the following project property prior reading in the sources, then the module reference would be resolved and synthesis will run successfully:
set_property source_mgmt_mode All [current_project]

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I followed the instructions in the below link to resolve this issue:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/63488.html

0 Kudos