Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Vivado 2016.3 Block design with rtl module in non-project

Jump to solution

Hi there,

I am currently using Vivado 2016.2 in non-project mode.  Recently I tried to import a block-design containing an RTL module reference.  When I tried to import the block-design tcl into the non-project mode project, I got the following error:

set block_name foo
set block_cell_name foo
create_bd_cell -type module -reference $block_name $block_cell_name
CRITICAL WARNING: [filemgmt 56-176] Module references are not supported in manual compile order mode and will be ignored.
ERROR: [filemgmt 56-189] Failed to resolve reference. Nothing was found in the project to match the name 'foo'.
ERROR: [BD 41-1690] Unable to resolve module-source based on inputs: foo
ERROR: [BD 5-7] Error: running create_bd_cell  -type module -reference foo -name foo .
ERROR: [Common 17-39] 'create_bd_cell' failed due to earlier errors.

I was wondering why non-project mode doesn't support RTL modules (is there a good reason?), and if Vivado 2016.3 has support for RTL modules in non-project mode?

Thanks for the help!

-J

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Vivado 2016.3 Block design with rtl module in non-project

Jump to solution

Hi @jeremy.roy

Please add the following project property prior reading in the sources, then the module reference would be resolved and synthesis will run successfully:
set_property source_mgmt_mode All [current_project]

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

Newbie mistake: posted this to the wrong community.  Can a moderator move this to Vivado TCL Community?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @jeremy.roy

Please add the following project property prior reading in the sources, then the module reference would be resolved and synthesis will run successfully:
set_property source_mgmt_mode All [current_project]

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I followed the instructions in the below link to resolve this issue:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/63488.html

0 Kudos