Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Vivado Vivado_int.tcl ERROR

Hello,

I am walking through an example project for the Digilent Genesys 2 board. While trying to execute the 'Generate Bitstream' I get an error saying...

invalid command name "load_features_core"
while executing
"load_features_core"
(file "C:/Users/sidesantis01/AppData/Roaming/Xilinx/Vivado/Vivado_init.tcl" line 4)

along with warnings...

WARNING: [BD 41-1284] Cannot set parameter SUGGESTED_PRIORITY on port /microblaze_0_axi_intc/intr

WARNING: [IP_Flow 19-650] IP license key 'eth_avb_endpoint@2015.04' is enabled with a Design_Linking license.

Is there a different line I should have in the Vivado_init.tcl file instead of 'load_features_core'? I can provide more information if needed too.

Thanks for the help

Example Project:

https://reference.digilentinc.com/learn/programmable-logic/tutorials/genesys-2-getting-started-with-microblaze-servers/start

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Vivado Vivado_int.tcl ERROR

Hi @sidesantis01 

What version do you use ?

According to Degilent's document, you should use Vivado 2015.x.

Because microblaze IP already has changed some io port name after Vivado 2016.x.

So, would you try it ?

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Watari,

I am using the latest Vivado Design Edition. I will try Vivado 2015.x and see if that works instead. Do you think I could use the latest Vivado Design Edition if I find out what I/O ports need changed or do you think that its just out-dated and won't work? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Watari,

After looking at the errors further there is also a...

[Common 17-69] Command failed: This design contains one or more cells for which bitstream generation is not permitted:
Example_System_i/axi_ethernet_0/inst/mac/inst/tri_mode_ethernet_mac_i/bd_d25f_mac_0_core (<encrypted cellview>)

If a new IP Core license was added, in order for the new license to be picked up, the current netlist needs to be updated by resetting and re-generating the IP output products before bitstream generation.

In the Certificate Based Licenses page there is a LogiCORE, Tri-mode Ethernet MAC, Eval. License. Do you think that this could solve the tri_mode_ethernet_mac_i section of the error?

I also tried to download Vivado 2015.x on Windows 10 & Linux but I get an error and it won't allow me to start he download. I can download the exectutable but I can't start the download for Vivado. I think it might not be compatible with Win10.

Thanks

0 Kudos