UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer sidesantis01
Observer

Vivado Vivado_int.tcl ERROR

Hello,

I am walking through an example project for the Digilent Genesys 2 board. While trying to execute the 'Generate Bitstream' I get an error saying...

invalid command name "load_features_core"
while executing
"load_features_core"
(file "C:/Users/sidesantis01/AppData/Roaming/Xilinx/Vivado/Vivado_init.tcl" line 4)

along with warnings...

WARNING: [BD 41-1284] Cannot set parameter SUGGESTED_PRIORITY on port /microblaze_0_axi_intc/intr

WARNING: [IP_Flow 19-650] IP license key 'eth_avb_endpoint@2015.04' is enabled with a Design_Linking license.

Is there a different line I should have in the Vivado_init.tcl file instead of 'load_features_core'? I can provide more information if needed too.

Thanks for the help

Example Project:

https://reference.digilentinc.com/learn/programmable-logic/tutorials/genesys-2-getting-started-with-microblaze-servers/start

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Mentor watari
Mentor

Re: Vivado Vivado_int.tcl ERROR

Hi @sidesantis01 

What version do you use ?

According to Degilent's document, you should use Vivado 2015.x.

Because microblaze IP already has changed some io port name after Vivado 2016.x.

So, would you try it ?

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Observer sidesantis01
Observer

Watari,

I am using the latest Vivado Design Edition. I will try Vivado 2015.x and see if that works instead. Do you think I could use the latest Vivado Design Edition if I find out what I/O ports need changed or do you think that its just out-dated and won't work? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Observer sidesantis01
Observer

Watari,

After looking at the errors further there is also a...

[Common 17-69] Command failed: This design contains one or more cells for which bitstream generation is not permitted:
Example_System_i/axi_ethernet_0/inst/mac/inst/tri_mode_ethernet_mac_i/bd_d25f_mac_0_core (<encrypted cellview>)

If a new IP Core license was added, in order for the new license to be picked up, the current netlist needs to be updated by resetting and re-generating the IP output products before bitstream generation.

In the Certificate Based Licenses page there is a LogiCORE, Tri-mode Ethernet MAC, Eval. License. Do you think that this could solve the tri_mode_ethernet_mac_i section of the error?

I also tried to download Vivado 2015.x on Windows 10 & Linux but I get an error and it won't allow me to start he download. I can download the exectutable but I can't start the download for Vivado. I think it might not be compatible with Win10.

Thanks

0 Kudos