cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chandan_e
Observer
Observer

ipx::* and ipgui::* TCL commands

Is there a User's Guide for the IP creation TCL commands (ipx::* and ipgui::*)? I came across these in the vivado.jou file while importing an IP from ISE. It looks like there might be other powerful commands that I can use to script the IP import, better than the VIvado GUI can.

Thanks,

Chandan

10 Replies
yenigal
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi

Have a look at the below pdf for the TCL commands in ViVADO

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2012_2/ug835-vivado-tcl-commands.pdf

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
chandan_e
Observer
Observer

Hi Satish,

Yes, I forgot to mention that I looked at that document before but found nothing for the ipx or ipgui commands.

Thanks,

Chandan

0 Kudos
vemulad
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Refer to chapter-10 of http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2013_3/ug896-vivado-ip.pdf

You may also run the below command to list all the commands for category ipflows.

help -category IPFlow

Thanks,
Deepika.
Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
chandan_e
Observer
Observer

I'm afraid that didn't help. I'm looking IP packager TCL commands. ug896 only addresses IP integrator commands.

Chandan

0 Kudos
vemulad
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Oh sorry. Got it. Run the below command in vivado tcl console. It gives various tcl commands which has this keyword and their descriptions

help *ipx::*

Hope this works.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
arquer
Explorer
Explorer

Hi vemuland,

I know this is an old thread but I came across it while looking for the same thing as the op. I wonder if there is something better by now, vivado tcl console help is very limited...

Thanks

0 Kudos
pstarbitsim
Contributor
Contributor

It is almost two years later and I have the same question. Seeing that Xilinx produces a lot of documents, I would expect to find one but nothing. Just a few examples in ug1118, but that's it.

guo_bing
Adventurer
Adventurer

It is almost 7 years later and I have the same question.

there are lots of ipx command in vitis tcl files, ug835 did not said anything about it.

pammerf

Hello XILINX team,

I was also now searching for more documentation regarding the ipx object member functions.

Is there now any valuable documentation? It seems, that many users are asking for it.

Best regards

F.P. 

jzartman
Observer
Observer

Bump

0 Kudos