Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
younggeun
Visitor
Visitor

set false path critical warning

Jump to solution

I want to use the set false path tcl in xdc as below. 

set_false_path -from [get_clocks -of_objects [get_pins rftest_base_blk/pll_adc_jesd_blk/inst/mmcme4_adv_inst/CLKOUT0]] -to [get_clocks -of_objects [get_pins rftest_base_blk/bd_rftest_main_1_wrapper_blk/bd_rftest_main_1_i/clk_wiz_0/inst/mmcme4_adv_inst/CLKOUT3]]

but critical warning appears. 

younggeun_0-1618147490861.png

I exported the path of get_pins from synthesized design. by using show_objects -name find_2 [get_cells -hierarchical -filter { PRIMITIVE_TYPE =~ CLOCK.PLL.* } ].

the pin is output from mmcm ip.

younggeun_1-1618147603510.png

how can i find exact pin name for using async or set_false_path timing tcl without critical warning??

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hongh

In the critical warning, "No object" means clock is not found, instead of pin not being found.

When you intend to refer to a clock in a constraint (tcl command), the clock should be created ahead of time.

Please confirm that the set_false_path command is executed after create_clock command. Command "report_compile_order" can help you to find XDC file compiling order.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
hongh

In the critical warning, "No object" means clock is not found, instead of pin not being found.

When you intend to refer to a clock in a constraint (tcl command), the clock should be created ahead of time.

Please confirm that the set_false_path command is executed after create_clock command. Command "report_compile_order" can help you to find XDC file compiling order.

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post