UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer zhengweibin
Observer

shared BRAM between ZYNQ PS and PL

mems.png

I have a peripheral P to be tested. P has 2 BRAM blocks. I connect the bram blocks to PS through axi.

The implementation has the warning messages below.

launch_runs impl_1
[BD 41-237] Bus Interface property MASTER_TYPE does not match between /blk_mem_gen_0/BRAM_PORTA(OTHER) and /axi_bram_ctrl_0/BRAM_PORTA(BRAM_CTRL)
[BD 41-237] Bus Interface property MASTER_TYPE does not match between /blk_mem_gen_1/BRAM_PORTA(OTHER) and /axi_bram_ctrl_1/BRAM_PORTA(BRAM_CTRL)
[BD 41-237] Bus Interface property MASTER_TYPE does not match between /blk_mem_gen_0/BRAM_PORTA(OTHER) and /axi_bram_ctrl_0/BRAM_PORTA(BRAM_CTRL)
[BD 41-237] Bus Interface property MASTER_TYPE does not match between /blk_mem_gen_1/BRAM_PORTA(OTHER) and /axi_bram_ctrl_1/BRAM_PORTA(BRAM_CTRL)

Implementation
[Memdata 28-122] data2mem failed with a parsing error. Check the bmm file or the bmm_info_* properties on the BRAM components. The design BRAM components initialization strings have not been updated.

When I tried to set in TCL console as noted in http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/Shared-BRAM-Zynq-PS-PL/m-p/506269#M12413, the command failed.

set_property CONFIG.MASTER_TYPE {BRAM_CTRL} [get_bd_intf_ports BRAM_PORTA]
[Common 17-55] 'set_property' expects at least one object.

So what can I do?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Observer zhengweibin
Observer

Re: shared BRAM between ZYNQ PS and PL

Another try:

set_property CONFIG.MASTER_TYPE {BRAM_CTRL} [get_bd_intf_pins /blk_mem_gen_0/BRAM_PORTB]

CRITICAL WARNING: [BD 41-737] Cannot set the parameter MASTER_TYPE on /blk_mem_gen_0/BRAM_PORTB. It is read-only.

0 Kudos
Observer zhengweibin
Observer

I am using Vivado 2014.4.
0 Kudos

Hi, I am also getting the following critical warning after validation for the connection between AXI BRAM Controller and Block Memory Generator for one of my design for Virtex-7 2000TFLG1925-2:

CRITICAL WARNING: [BD 41-237] Bus Interface property MASTER_TYPE does not match between /blk_mem_gen_1/BRAM_PORTA(OTHER) and /axi_bram_ctrl_0/BRAM_PORTA(BRAM_CTRL)

In order to solve this,

I tried executing the following command from TCL console of Vivado 2015.2 to resolve this critical warning, but, it's not helping. Please find below the error message :

set_property CONFIG.MASTER_TYPE {axi_bram_ctrl_0/BRAM_PORTA} [get_bd_intf_ports blk_mem_gen_1/BRAM_PORTA]
WARNING: [BD 5-233] No interface ports matched 'get_bd_intf_ports blk_mem_gen_1/BRAM_PORTA'
ERROR: [Common 17-55] 'set_property' expects at least one object.
Resolution: If [get_<value>] was used to populate the object, check to make sure this command returns at least one valid object.

Can anybody help to resolve this ? Thanks.

Rakesh

0 Kudos