Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

tcl.pre and tccl.post support in non-project mode

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have establish flow in project mode using gui.Now i am creating equivalent flow in non-project mode.But for project mode i am using pre.tcl and post.tcl for bitstram generation. When i added source pre.tcl and post.tcl in non project mode i am observing it is getting skipped in compilation flow.

I am using commands in pre.tcl

set_property SEVERITY {Warning} [get_drc_checks LUTLP-1]
set_property SEVERITY {Warning} [get_drc_checks REQP-1706]

is there any workaround for this scenario. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Re: tcl.pre and tccl.post support in non-project mode

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for information. But when i removed -notrace from tcl command and source tcl.pre and tcl.post tcl during bitstream generatation i observed it is getting executed. The issue was with tcl command (variable) inside post.tcl file because of which tcl was executed but does not showing error log may be because of -notrace option.

for reference i source pre.tcl and post.tcl in following way.

source scripts/bitstream_pre.tcl
write_bitstream -force $outputDir/test.bit
source scripts/bitstream_post.tcl

It will be good if xilinx provided non-project mode tcl example wjich will include all features of project mode. It will be helpful for thoes who is shifting from project mode to non-project mode.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@apisal 

tcl.pre and tcl.post commands are not for non-project mode. You can directly use the commands from pre.tcl file in your non-project TCL script.

Example: If you are using the pre.tcl at opt in project mode:

set_property STEPS.OPT_DESIGN.TCL.PRE [pwd]/pre_opt_design.tcl [get_runs impl_1]

The same command for non-project mode will be:

set_property SEVERITY {Warning} [get_drc_checks LUTLP-1]
set_property SEVERITY {Warning} [get_drc_checks REQP-1706]

opt_design

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_3/ug894-vivado-tcl-scripting.pdf#page=14

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for information. But when i removed -notrace from tcl command and source tcl.pre and tcl.post tcl during bitstream generatation i observed it is getting executed. The issue was with tcl command (variable) inside post.tcl file because of which tcl was executed but does not showing error log may be because of -notrace option.

for reference i source pre.tcl and post.tcl in following way.

source scripts/bitstream_pre.tcl
write_bitstream -force $outputDir/test.bit
source scripts/bitstream_post.tcl

It will be good if xilinx provided non-project mode tcl example wjich will include all features of project mode. It will be helpful for thoes who is shifting from project mode to non-project mode.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@apisal 

check this user guide which covers project mode and non-project mode in Vivado:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_3/ug892-vivado-design-flows-overview.pdf

--Syed

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
0 Kudos