UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer
3,341 Views
Registered: ‎05-22-2008

xtclsh errors with "Failed to find the source node instance" on FIR Compiler Core

Jump to solution

I am running RHEL 6.8, with ISE 14.7. I am trying to use/generate a TCL script to rebuild my project. I started with a 3rd party reference design and their tcl script. I made some modifications which include adding some additional cores (*.xco files) one of which is a fifo, one of which is a clkgen, one of which is a DDS, and several others which are FIR compilers. I modified the tcl script to indicate:

 "xfile add "../../myfile.xco"

and then elsewhere:

 

process run "Regenerate Core" -instance myfile

gets called.

 

 

This is what is done for the existing ip in the refence design, and it works for all of my new ip except for the FIR compilers. For the FIR compiler cores, it errors out with

mybuildscript.tcl failed: ERROR:TclTasksC:process_109: Failed to find the source node instance "myfile"

I am certain that my xco file is where it should be as specified, right next to the non-FIR Compiler cores which compile fine. I've tried both relative and absolute paths for the specification of the COE files, which is done in the XCO file.

 

 

I grepped on my host for the error message and there is s file TclTasksC.msg that contains the error message, but not context to what is occurring.

 

I can find no reference to this error either in Xilinx' forums or by web searching.

 

In the past, when using ISE, it has always been my impression that XCO files fully specify the core to be built; and indeed if I open the XISE top level project file that my script creates, the xco files are in my source tree; and right/double-clicking them rebuilds them properly.

 

So what is missing from my TCL script? I was thinking that it might be the stuff that is contained in coregen.cgp, but this file is auto-generated at runtime, it's not source. 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Explorer
Explorer
5,927 Views
Registered: ‎05-22-2008

Re: xtclsh errors with "Failed to find the source node instance" on FIR Compiler Core

Jump to solution

Update, it wasn't the fact that they were FIR cores. It was the fact that the filenames mixed upper and lowercase letters.

 

Both ISE's GUI and "xfile add" appear be be able to discern between fileA and filea.

 

when fileA.xco exists and filea.xco doesn't exist,

 

xfile add fileA.xco Succeeds

xfile add filea.xco Fails   (because this file doesn't exist)

 

But "Regenerate Cores" doesn't discern  between fileA and filea, and errors on the version with uppercase.

 

process run "Regenerate Cores" -instance fileA  Fails       (Should Succeed, because this file exists)

process run "Regenerate Cores" -instance filea Succeeds (Should Fail, because this file doesn't exist)

 

I have few enough files that I can hardcode the correct filenames in the xfile add and the lowercase versions in the process run lines, but this process could be really onerous if one had many many files.

 

 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Explorer
Explorer
5,928 Views
Registered: ‎05-22-2008

Re: xtclsh errors with "Failed to find the source node instance" on FIR Compiler Core

Jump to solution

Update, it wasn't the fact that they were FIR cores. It was the fact that the filenames mixed upper and lowercase letters.

 

Both ISE's GUI and "xfile add" appear be be able to discern between fileA and filea.

 

when fileA.xco exists and filea.xco doesn't exist,

 

xfile add fileA.xco Succeeds

xfile add filea.xco Fails   (because this file doesn't exist)

 

But "Regenerate Cores" doesn't discern  between fileA and filea, and errors on the version with uppercase.

 

process run "Regenerate Cores" -instance fileA  Fails       (Should Succeed, because this file exists)

process run "Regenerate Cores" -instance filea Succeeds (Should Fail, because this file doesn't exist)

 

I have few enough files that I can hardcode the correct filenames in the xfile add and the lowercase versions in the process run lines, but this process could be really onerous if one had many many files.

 

 

0 Kudos