Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

AXI Quad SPI Command Error

Jump to solution
Hello everyone, When I use the AXI Quad SPI ip core to drive micron MT29F4G01AAADDH Quad SPI Nand Flash. But find a problem that some command supported by Nand Flash chip but the IP unsupported. So when I transfer the command, the IPISR register show that the command error occured. How can I solve this problem? could I configure some parameter to ignore the error to transfer the unsupported command , or I have to find other way to drive the Flash. Thank you~
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
The supported read commands by QSPI PS controller are-

Normal- 0x03
Fast- 0x0b
Dual Output Fast- 0x3b
Dual IO Fast- 0xbb
Quad Output Fast- 0x6b
Quad IO Fast- 0xeb

The commands listed by you- 0x0F and 0X0C are not supported.

I don't think you will be able to use this flash with Zynq PS QSPI controller.

Is there any specific reason why you have connected NAND flash to QSPI controller?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager
MT29F4G01AAADDH is known to work with Zynq (http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/50991.html).

I guess you are referring to NAND flash not QSPI. Which command are you trying to use. If possible send the log.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer
Thank you very much. I don't know what does the command refer to? I just use like the following, when i transfer the command 0x9F to read the ID, it work and get the right value. 0x2C and 0x32. but when i transfer the command 0x05 supplied by the AXI Quad SPI user guide to read the status register, the value returned is 0xFF(I think this is invalid), so I try the command showed in the QSPI Flash datasheet, 0x0F 0xC0, so, the command error flag set to 1. Could you give me some advices or examples about using AXI Quad SPI IP Core to drive the QSPI Nand Flash~ Thanks a lot.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer
Thank you very much. I don't know what does the command refer to? I just use like the following, when i transfer the command 0x9F to read the ID, it work and get the right value. 0x2C and 0x32. but when i transfer the command 0x05 supplied by the AXI Quad SPI user guide to read the status register, the value returned is 0xFF(I think this is invalid), so I try the command showed in the QSPI Flash datasheet, 0x0F 0xC0, so, the command error flag set to 1. Could you give me some advices or examples about using AXI Quad SPI IP Core to drive the QSPI Nand Flash~ Thanks a lot.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
The supported read commands by QSPI PS controller are-

Normal- 0x03
Fast- 0x0b
Dual Output Fast- 0x3b
Dual IO Fast- 0xbb
Quad Output Fast- 0x6b
Quad IO Fast- 0xeb

The commands listed by you- 0x0F and 0X0C are not supported.

I don't think you will be able to use this flash with Zynq PS QSPI controller.

Is there any specific reason why you have connected NAND flash to QSPI controller?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer
yeah, because the flash only suppy the QSPI interface. so I have to connect this nand flash with the QSPI ip core. Thank you very much to give me this information.
0 Kudos