UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor peppe84
Visitor

AXI_UART_16550 max baud rate

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm using a AXI_UART_16550 core in my project on Spartan6 LX9 but I never worked with this core. Someone can tell me what is the max baud rate of this core? I want to work at 3 Mbps using an AXI_CLK = 100 MHz, beacause I have a Digilent PMOD_UART_USB that permits a 3 Mbps baud rate. Is it possible? 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor peppe84
Visitor

Re: AXI_UART_16550 max baud rate

Jump to solution

Hi,
Silicon Labs USB-serial bridge device CP2102 has a max baud rate of 1 Mbps. The PMOD can work at 3 Mbps. Now I want to reduce the baud error and then I'll try to use a different sys_freq. The best freq is 48 MHz (the same of PMOD)...

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Teacher eteam00
Teacher

Jump to solution

You do not need to wait for an answer from us...  just try it!

I believe the LX9 MicroBoard uses a Silicon Labs USB-serial bridge device, CP2102.  This device may support 3Mbit/sec operation, but if you are using Windows, you may need a custom-designed device driver to be able to use the 3Mbit/sec speed reliably and consistently.

You will not cause any harm by experimenting with high baud rates.  So try it!

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos
Visitor peppe84
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi,
Silicon Labs USB-serial bridge device CP2102 has a max baud rate of 1 Mbps. The PMOD can work at 3 Mbps. Now I want to reduce the baud error and then I'll try to use a different sys_freq. The best freq is 48 MHz (the same of PMOD)...

0 Kudos
Observer jxlannie
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi, I want to know the result of your work ? The axi_uart16550 ipcore can work at 3Mbps or not? If it can ,is it work well? And what software driver do you use ? Thank you!

0 Kudos