03-28-2016 10:18 PM
When I run the Vivado 2015.4, the status of Scaler IP (v_scaler:8.1) indicates that it is discontinud.
However, in case of Vivado older version, the scaler IP is alive.
And, there was no wrapper for example file.
I didn't purchase the IP so far. After evaluation, I will purchase it.
1) Could you share the inforamtion for scaler IP??
2) this IP support the 4KX2K on the datasheet. However, there was no inforamtion for 4KX2K on the Kintex7 / Artix7.
03-28-2016 10:30 PM
03-29-2016 07:51 AM - edited 03-29-2016 07:51 AM
The Scaler is being replaced by the 'Scaler-Only' mode of the Video Processing Subsystem. Please use it moving forward instead of the scaler. It is able to handle 4k60 (and beyond) by the use of multiple pixels per clock cycle. The old scaler was limited in frame rate for 4K resolutions due to timing closure on 1 pixel wide interface.
More info here:
03-30-2016 01:37 AM
Thanks for your good information.
1. Is this running on the Artix7?? I will use Artix7-200T due to several scaler.
there was no information on the artix7 due to performance of UHD.
2. on the utilization table, the number of BRAM is 18KBRAM or 36KBRAM??
3. This is pre-production. When this go to production??