UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Visitor
Accepted Solution

About the ku-115 board : bandwidth of global memory on the board

Hi,

This question is about the ku-115 board, I saw the the description of the global memory (DDR4) on the board : three 72bit and one 64bit capable of operating to 2133MT/s = 2133 *(64/8)= 17064MB/s.However,I run the kernel_global bandwidth test based on 64bit read and write the bandwidth only 3500MB/s,and I run the kernel_global bandwidth test based on 512bit read and write the bandwidth is 15800MB/s.

WHY?

If I want get the best bandwidth of the memory ,choose the 64bit or 512bit ?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Teacher

Re: About the ku-115 board : bandwidth of global memory on the board

@gaoli544782415 that's also around 93.7% of the peak throughput which is very good. If you allocate more pins and controllers, you can always increase the bandwidth you can get. 

- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Teacher

@gaoli544782415 you are getting 15800 MB/s which is 92% of the peak possible throughput. This is a very nice percentage and you shouldn't expect to get anything better from a test. In real life usage expect the total available bandwidth to be lower than this metric too.

- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Visitor

Hi,my friend,

I have generated four kernels to control the four DDR controllers on board for accessing the DDR memory. It can achieve 64GB/s bandwidth .

Highlighted
Teacher

@gaoli544782415 that's also around 93.7% of the peak throughput which is very good. If you allocate more pins and controllers, you can always increase the bandwidth you can get.