cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Account has failed export compliance verification

Hi I am part of an educational institution in the UAE and cannot access the full service due to export restriction.

I would like to download the Xilinx tools and purchase evaluation kits.

Could you please help to activate the account as we are an educational institution and should be exempt from the export restriction?

I would prefer to deal with this issues out of the forum.

BR.

Please correct the errors and send your information again.

We cannot fulfill your request as your account has failed export compliance verification.

U.S. Government Export Approval
U.S. export regulations require that your First Name, Last Name, Company Name and Shipping Address be verified before Xilinx can fulfill your download request. Please provide accurate and complete information.
Addresses with Post Office Boxes and names/addresses with Non-Roman Characters with accents such as grave, tilde or colon are not supported by US export compliance systems.

6 Replies
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Re: Account has failed export compliance verification

@yadane 

Several other people have had this...

If you still have issues, in order for your profile to be reset and cleared, please send an email to Xilinx Customer Support (websupport@xilinx.com) indicating your "export compliance issue" and they in turn will contact Xilinx Customer Service on your behalf, who would be able to screen and verify your profile and re-activate this then, so that you can login and download the required software without issues

Hope that Helps

If so, Please mark as solution accepted. Kudos also welcomed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks for answering but this is a long going issue with Xilinx. They systematically block the accounts from certain countries, although they say in their document the export will be restricted if the account is related to specific activities in the D category..
I am waiting for Anatoli Curran to reply as deals with this sort of issues.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Just to save ourselves some time. I know that support will come with a message saying to check AR https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/44043.html for more details.

The relevant section in the link says: “Furthermore due to strict export control policy, it is no longer possible to create or to maintain an online account in some E or D category countries. See here for more information.”

As far as I understand some does not mean all. UAE falls in the D category if the activity is related to Chemical & Biological or Missile technology.

As mentioned above we are educational institution and our activity does not fall in the restricted categories. Our work with Xilinx tools is solely for educational purposes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello @yadane ,

Unfortunately, due to strict internal export control policy, it is currently not possible to maintain an online account in some E or D category countries.

As you are from an university, as an advice, you can try raising this issue with your Professor. If needed, your professor can then contact Xilinx University Program directly, to see what can be done in order to be able to download the required software from Xilinx.

Apologies once again, however we must follow an US government policy and unfortunately, there is nothing else that can be done in this situation.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Anatoli,

I am a faculty member not a student. Please give me more details about the people to contact at the university program. 

Perhaps the best is to deal with Altera as they seem to be less painfully restrictive than you guys.

Thankfully there is something called competition

Best regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello @yadane ,

We are currently working on the email you've sent to me. I will update you once we have any updates. Hope this is OK with you.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos