cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer
Observer

Build Linux Boot image for Zedboard

Hi everyone, I'm trying to build the linux boot image but i'm having some problem to do that.

I've just read and tried to follow the xilinx guide but sincerely i think that it is not clear for first approach.

I've aso tried to follow the tutorial but when i try to make the u-boot i receive this error and I don't know what i have to do to continue.

Could someone describe clearly how to build a bootable Linux image step by step please?

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Mattia.

Schermata del 2017-03-29 18-07-15.png
Schermata del 2017-03-29 18-08-45.png
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Upgrade the ARM toolchain to GCC 5:

sudo apt-add-repository "deb http://fr.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ wily main"
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install g++-5-arm-linux-gnueabihf
sudo rm -f /usr/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc /usr/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++
sudo ln -s /usr/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-5 /usr/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc
sudo ln -s /usr/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++-5 /usr/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++
sudo apt-add-repository  --remove "deb http://fr.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ wily main"

You may be Missing Device Tree Compiler.

Try Install [In case of Ubuntu] 

sudo apt-get install device-tree-compiler

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Thanks for your reply, after install the dtc I have finally completed all the procedure but i'm having problem to build the image.

At the end of the tutorial that i followed he create the boot image with Xilinx SDK using the .elf file but he has an old version of SDK.

The 2016.4 version requires the UDF data (I have no idea what it is), however I tried to select the .elf file but it returns an error.

Can you explain me how I can build an image with SDK 2016.4 and wich file produced during the procedure i have to use?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Mattia.

Immaginebuons.jpg
0 Kudos