Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Change email ID

Hi,

This is regarding the new registration policy implemented by Xilinx. I've been using another user name for my Xilinx account and community forums. Unfortunately, I changed my company and Xilinx changed the policy of login around same time. Instead of using user names, I've been required to log-in using email ID. This is understandable.

When I try to login with the old account, it asks for a password reset to email address, so that the email ID can be confirmed. But I do not have access to my email ID. So I contacted Xilinx via website feedback. They suggested me to create a new account with new email address. Also there is no way to merge my old community forum and new email address. Then I asked them, what if I can somehow contact my old company to recreate my email ID and verify my old Xilinx account and change email address linked with that account? This is also not possible. I do not understand the thought process behind this. Basically they are saying that the email ID associated with a community forum account cannot be changed. Does this mean all my older activities will be gone forever? Maybe my contribution is small, what about the "scholar" and "professor", top kudoed authors?

8 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Change email ID

Hello @rakend_r ,

Thanks for reporting this matter to us. We are currently checking on this and will get back to you once we get an update. Hope this is OK with you.

Have a nice day.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I would also like to get an update on this issue, as currently used e-mail address won't be available in the future. Am I forced to terminate and re-create my account?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Its a bit crazy

but, the latest idea seems to be that you create a new account, then ask for your entitlements to be moved over ! then you re set all your "friends" and other references by hand...

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Installation-and-Licensing/Corporate-email-change/m-p/894064#M23586

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

@drjohnsmith 

I thought the same and mailed them. They initially replied that this is not under their area and told me to raise an SR for the community forum issue (weird!!). But after a while, they replied saying that you cannot transfer the community forum profile. 

This is the reply from registration :

"  I finally got confirmation that we can not transfer Forums posts from one account to another" 

"You will need to stay with that email account as well so the Xilinx.com account remains active.  The account key now is the email, we no longer use a separate userID."

This is one sentence reply for SR "You can't change it to the username of your old account." (I don't know if they understood the problem and diverting the issues)

Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

IMHO , It shows an amazing lack of interest in the users of the forum by xilinx
a) they cant get even get this simple email change idea right
b) they did not even try the idea out on the super users as an idea first, they would have been vocal..

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

@drjohnsmith 

Yes. email change is a basic requirement. Looks like they did not think through this (which is very bad) or they care little about community (which is also bad). 

I can see replies saying that they will look into the matter. I hope the reply will be positive. 

Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

look into,
is an English euphemism for "put off for ever , and if we do anything it will be a kludge on a kludge, and not tell anyone "

Highlighted

Hello @drjohnsmith @rakend_r ,

Please note that I’m still checking on this but still waiting to hear back. I’ll update shortly on this matter.

Have a nice day.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.