cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chrontel CH7301 configuration via I2C on ML507

I am trying to communicate with the chrontel CH7301 chip via I2C. 

Initially I am just trying to send the device address byte with a write bit at the end, according to the data sheet the slave chip must give an acknowledge signal after receiving a byte of data, but I am not receiving the acknowledge pulse on the SDA line. My simulation shows the code is working properly. 

PLEASE HELP ME FIGURE OUT WHAT THE PROBLEM MIGHT BE!

Here is my UCF file

NET "clk" LOC = AH15;
NET "clk" IOSTANDARD = LVCMOS25;
NET "clk" DRIVE = 12;
NET "clk" SLEW = FAST;

NET "rst_in" LOC = AJ6;                      #CENTER button
NET "rst_out" LOC = AK6;

NET "done" LOC = AF23;                    #west LED
NET "ack" LOC = E8;                            #LED center
NET "config_req" LOC = U25;            #DIP switch 1

NET "sdata" LOC = T29;
NET "sclk" LOC = U27;

I am also attaching the simulation snapshot as it can be seen, no problem appears here

I2C.JPG

0 Kudos
1 Reply
aher
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

did you check post synthesis/ post  implementation simulation?

see if you are getting correct output in these simulations. 

if not try to debug the code.

thanks,

Shreyas

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Try to search answer for your issue in forums or xilinx user guides before you post a new thread.

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided solves your query.
Give Kudos (star provided in left) to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Try to search answer for your issue in forums or xilinx user guides before you post a new thread.

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided solves your query.
Give Kudos (star provided in right) to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos