cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
umesh007
Visitor
Visitor

I am having problem in this code for dac.. I want to convert  digital signal to analog signal in Sparten-3E, the board as shown. I am not able to give the input digital signal..From where I can give the input signal??

Tags (1)
Sparten-3E.jpg
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
eteam00
Instructor
Instructor

If it does not matter what digital value is converted to analogue, you can invent any value for conversion which might be convenient.

If it does matter what digital value is converted to analogue, then the requirements of your project or design should guide you.

Does this make sense?

If perhaps I misunderstand your question, then this excerpt from the New Users Forum README thread might be helpful to you:

care and feeding of ADC, pre-amp, and DAC on many Xilinx development boards link#1  link#2  link#3  link#4

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
eteam00
Instructor
Instructor

If it does not matter what digital value is converted to analogue, you can invent any value for conversion which might be convenient.

If it does matter what digital value is converted to analogue, then the requirements of your project or design should guide you.

Does this make sense?

If perhaps I misunderstand your question, then this excerpt from the New Users Forum README thread might be helpful to you:

care and feeding of ADC, pre-amp, and DAC on many Xilinx development boards link#1  link#2  link#3  link#4

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
umesh007
Visitor
Visitor

Well, I have coded the ADC and I think it works fine. NOw, how to take input from that ADC output to DAC? Here ADC is 14 bit and DAC is 12 bit.

0 Kudos
bassman59
Historian
Historian

@umesh007 wrote:

Well, I have coded the ADC and I think it works fine. NOw, how to take input from that ADC output to DAC? Here ADC is 14 bit and DAC is 12 bit.

There are several ways of handling this problem. The easiest is likely truncation.

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos