Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
naumanmir
Visitor
Visitor

Design Consistency Issue in Virtex-6 Design

Hi Good Day,

Software: Xilinx ISE 13.1, ChipScope Pro (de-bugging)
Language: Verilog HDL
FPGA: Xilinx Virtex-6 LX365T

Description: I have a design (Verilog RTL) with 42 modules. Overall consumption of my RTL design is 54% of Virtex-6 FPGA. Clock Constraint is 60MHz. Inside the design I am using DCM for to generate the TWO Clock “clk_0x” (60MHz) and “clk_2x” (120MHz), as per my design requirement. I have generated a bitstream ( design_test.bit ) for my whole design and test it real time functionality on my custom board. Its verified and hardware results are matched with expected results.

Question:  The Issue is when I run the test with bitstream  ( design_test.bit ) 100 times with same inputs then from run 5~6 time my result surprisingly goes wrong badly. 94 times my results are consistent and matched. It looks my result goes towards saturation level. I apply rest to my design at the start of every Run.

Need your suggestion, why my bitstream ( design_test.bit ) behaving like this. I also done implementation process through PlanAhead Strategies and SmartXplorer’s Cost Table but no improvement yet. 

Best Regards

Nauman Mir 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
htsvn
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

I think the timing is met for this design. Even if the timing is met, if the design does not work on hardware refer page 243 of

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx14_4/ug612.pdf

--Hem

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos