Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer
Observer

[Drc 23-20] Rule violation (UCIO-1) Unconstrained Logical Port

Jump to solution

Hi 

I'm trying to run FreeRTOS Operating System on Microblaze soft core in Zynq ZC702 board, I'm trying to generate a bitstream for my design I got this error 

• [Drc 23-20] Rule violation (UCIO-1) Unconstrained Logical Port - 2 out of 119 logical ports have no user assigned specific location constraint (LOC). This may cause I/O contention or incompatibility with the board power or connectivity affecting performance, signal integrity or in extreme cases cause damage to the device or the components to which it is connected. To correct this violation, specify all pin locations. This design will fail to generate a bitstream unless all logical ports have a user specified site LOC constraint defined. To allow bitstream creation with unspecified pin locations (not recommended), use this command: set_property SEVERITY {Warning} [get_drc_checks UCIO-1]. NOTE: When using the Vivado Runs infrastructure (e.g. launch_runs Tcl command), add this command to a .tcl file and add that file as a pre-hook for write_bitstream step for the implementation run. Problem ports: uart_rtl_rxd, uart_rtl_txd.

What should I do please ??

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: [Drc 23-20] Rule violation (UCIO-1) Unconstrained Logical Port

Jump to solution

Hi @s_zo

Can you attach your TCL file here? What all commands you have in the TCL file? Just have the below command

set_property SEVERITY {Warning} [get_drc_checks UCIO-1]

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @s_zo

You have not specified LOC constraint for the below ports, hence you are seeing this error.

uart_rtl_rxd,

uart_rtl_txd

Please assign the LOC constraint.

If you want to override the error without assiging LOC constraint then check this article http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/56354.html

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi Deepika,

I added "set_property SEVERITY {Warning} [get_drc_checks UCIO-1]" command to Tcl script as mentionned in the error  message to down grad this error to a warning and I try to generate the bitstream but this error still exist.

What should I do please.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @s_zo

source the tcl file in tcl.pre of bitstream settings

Capture.PNG

Thanks,
Deepika.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi Deepika

Sorry but I can't source the tcl file in tcl.pre of bitstream settings, Why I dont have the label that allow me to source files ? 

Bitstream_settings.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @s_zo

Try running the below command from tcl console

set_property STEPS.WRITE_BITSTREAM.TCL.PRE {<file_path>\test.tcl} [get_runs impl_1]

Thanks,
Deepika.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi Deepika

I added the command that you mentionned and I get this 

Bitstream_settings.png

What should I do ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @s_zo

You need to replace the <file_path> with path to the TCL file and test.tcl with the name of TCL file.

Create a TCL file and copy the command mentioned in the AR to that TCL file in case if you have not done that yet,

Thanks,

Deepika. 

Thanks,
Deepika.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi Deepika,

I created a Tcl file and I add the command (set_property SEVERITY {Warning} [get_drc_checks UCIO-1]) at the end of this file and I source it , and I regenerate the bitstream, those Errors burst:

• [runtcl 1] ERROR: [Vivado 12-172] File or Directory 'C:/Users/Sonia/Desktop/FreeRTOS/MicroBkaze_FreeRTOS/MicroBaze_FreeRTOS/mb_design_1/mb_design_1.runs/impl_1/mb_design_1.srcs/sources_1/bd/mb_design_1/mb_design_1.bd' does not exist

• [runtcl 1] sourcing script C:/Users/Sonia/Desktop/FreeRTOS/MicroBkaze_FreeRTOS/MicroBaze_FreeRTOS/mb_design_1/Error_bitstream.tcl failed

what should I do please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @s_zo

Can you attach your TCL file here? What all commands you have in the TCL file? Just have the below command

set_property SEVERITY {Warning} [get_drc_checks UCIO-1]

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi @s_zo,

Use this file as pre.tcl file, in the manner mentioned by Deepika.

Thanks,
Nupur
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Alternatively, you can also add the following constraint in your top level .xdc file.
set_property BITSTREAM.General.UnconstrainedPins {Allow} [current_design]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Jump to solution

finally, I generated the bitstream :)

Thanks