cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rodrigo_varela
Visitor
Visitor

ERROR: [Common 17-70] Application Exception: SrcMgr::createSS : name already exists

I started to get this error while openning project in Vivado after merging changes to project_file.xpr

I returned back to original changes but still cannot get Vivado to open the xpr file

hope you can help

3 Replies
vuppala
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @rodrigo_varela

1. Are you getting this error message even if you try to open an example project as well?

2. Are you able to run vivado in tcl mode?

3. Change the project directory and see if the issue still occurs?

4. Share vivado.log file here.

5. Which OS and Vivado version are you using?

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
rodrigo_varela
Visitor
Visitor

Hi Vinay,

I was getting this when opening a project only under a workspace.

I moved to a differnet folder (workspace) and used the old.xpr so I could continue.

The message in the subject line was all the vivado.log file had inside.

Currently I am running vivado on Suse linux.

Thank you

RV

0 Kudos
nupurs

Hi @rodrigo_varela,

Which exact version of Vivado and which exact version of SUSE linux are you using?
Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).
0 Kudos