UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

Error while running C++ application on Zedboard

Hello,

I am trying to run my application on Zedboard. I built the linux using petalinux 2015.4. When i run the application i got following error

while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I read the thread 

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Linux/problem-in-running-c-application-on-zedboard/m-p/594923#M12688

and i copied libstdc++.so, libstdc++.so.6,  libstdc++.so.6.0.19 into /lib directory of linux.

Now when try to run the application i got following error:

error while loading shared libraries: /lib/libstdc++.so.6: file too short

I have also tested using simple c++ program but got same error. What can be possible solution. 

Waiting for your kind reply.

Regards

Abbas

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

Re: Error while running C++ application on Zedboard

how did you copy the files into /lib ? it's possible that the filesystem wasn't flushed so the files are corrupt now. Try md5sum on it and check if it matches with the result of the original file.
Assuming it won't, copy them again and type sync before you start hardware.
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi muzaffer,

Thanks for your help. I copy the libc folder to sd card and mount the SD card. Then i copy the files to lib folder. I have also tried to run sync command. But still i am getting

error while loading shared libraries: /lib/libstdc++.so.6: file too short.

Waiting for your kind reply.

Regards

0 Kudos
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

@abbascit did you compare the files (size & content) as I suggested? 

- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Hello muzaffer,

I have compared the files they have same checksum. But still i am getting same error.

0 Kudos