UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Failed to install a driver for Xilinx programmer DLC9G

I tried to install the driver for xilinx programmer DLC9G but failed. 

it shows the error as "A service installation section in this INF is invalid "

after searching the Xilinx forum regarding the same  " AR# 31397 " i tried to follow the steps as metioned in the xilinx forum(to install drivers manually from command line using admin privilage) yet it shows the error as "cannot open service control manager"

thanks and regards

Venkatesh R  

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Failed to install a driver for Xilinx programmer DLC9G

Hi @venkateshraju39

Try following the same procedure i.e., AR#31397 by downloading the drivers from the link: http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/user_guides/ug344.pdf

Also which OS are you using?

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos

Yeah ug344 i followed ug344.pdf

i downloaded "ug344_windows.zip" and extractred in which i double clicked on "install_xusb.bat" to install the driver  the driver was installed  successfully. 

then i plugged the USB cable to windows 7(64 bit ) again it stars installing the driver and shows the error message 

"Device driver was not installed successfully" 

My doubt is i already installed a driver again windows is checking the driver. 

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

In the device manager can you see the Jungo drivers?

Can you try uninstalling and installing the drivers from the command prompt?

Please follow the below steps.

• In a command prompt browse to your "C:/Xilinx/<version>/ISE_DS/ISE/bin/nt64" directory on 64-bit installs or "C:/Xilinx/<version>/ISE_DS/ISE/bin/nt" on 32-bit installs. 
  • To uninstall type the command:
    wdreg -compat -inf %cd%/windrvr6.inf uninstall

• To reinstall type the command:
  • wdreg -compat -inf %cd%/windrvr6.inf install

0 Kudos