Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Fixed point to floating point( or integer) and viceversa

Hello guys,

I am using the CORDIC ip core that works with fixed point type data . And because of this i need to do some conversions in both ends. On the input end i would get the number of pulses form an encoder in integer type format . Now i would need to transform these into radians, that would mean I would need to transform these either directly into fixed point values or floating point and then fixed point( of course the first option would be better but I don't know if it is possible because I searched on the net and couldn't find any reliable info). And of course I need to transform the other way around ( from fixed point to integer or float) ass well. What are the most well suited  packages  for this if any or how should I go about doing this.

Thank you in advance for your response.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Please take a look at the Floating Point Operator core:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/floating_point/v7_0/pg060-floating-point.pdf

By the way, use Xilinx Document Navigator to manage all Xilinx documents.

@crys17p wrote:

Hello guys,

I am using the CORDIC ip core that works with fixed point type data . And because of this i need to do some conversions in both ends. On the input end i would get the number of pulses form an encoder in integer type format . Now i would need to transform these into radians, that would mean I would need to transform these either directly into fixed point values or floating point and then fixed point( of course the first option would be better but I don't know if it is possible because I searched on the net and couldn't find any reliable info). And of course I need to transform the other way around ( from fixed point to integer or float) ass well. What are the most well suited  packages  for this if any or how should I go about doing this.

Thank you in advance for your response.

Cheers,
Jim
Tags (1)
0 Kudos